Monday 4 May 2015

Weely Update #12 (April 27th-May 2nd)

This week has been incredibly stressful for me, I was very anxious about mounting my prints on aluminium sheets. I had to fix a few of my digital paintings and get a few reprinted for a few reasons (colour didn't come out properly, scratches, errors in the drawing I only noticed while making my concertina books). I also had to get my concertina books printed, I kept them pretty small to ensure they felt personal. I also made a few sketches and speedpaintings this week which I enjoyed making...I made a few using the photos I took at Wildwood and then I also made a few speedpaintings using those sketches and some previous ones.
Concertina books (not folded, obviously)
Stork drawing - sharpie marker and white gel pen
Deer - fineliner
I finally got the aluminium sheets, but I struggled to cut them on the guillotine due to my weight...I had a hard time using the machine but the technicians helped me. I also had to trim them smaller to ensure there would be no white when I glued them down...I hated how hard it was to get them straight but I did my best. Using spray mount was an anxiety provoking experience because I knew once I did it, there was no going back. I struggled a bit cutting the edges with the razor, I was shaking because I was so scared of messing up. I think they came out fine in the end, I think they look nice.
Otter - Bic pen

Raven - fineliner and sharpie

Game of Thrones inspired speedpainting(~30mins )Three-eyed Raven using previous sketch I made with colour palette.
 Most of the rest of my week was writing my evaluation, A5 statement and updating my FMP proposal/timetable/bibliography and finishing up mounting all of my other work on A1 sheets. I am pretty proud of what I've written, I got feedback from 4 different tutors so I'm hoping it's good. I like it at least. I enjoy writing but I always tend to ramble on too much, I probably do on my blog aswell but I just have so many ideas going on in my head.
Horse - Fineliner
Frog - Fineliner
Nervosa (sister's sculpture) digital speedpainting ~15mins
This week was probably our last crit group too which makes me kind of sad, I really enjoyed crit group. I spent all of friday painting the walls, which was really frustrating because not as many people showed up to help as I expected...or at least I didn't see it. Only a select people helped me and I felt like I did way more wall painting then I should have but someone had to do it. Even if I got emulsion on my shoes, clothes, skin, in my hair and on my eyelashes. Hopefully it'll make next week run smoothly but we'll see I suppose.
Werewolf digital speedpainting ~20mins...not my favourite
Digital painting of my sister's sculpture Nervosa...really loved making this so I spent longer on it then I planned.
I'll probably do one more FMP update next week on either Thursday or Friday instead of Sunday due to the deadline...then I head home for a bit so that should be nice at least. Happy to be done, but I feel like I'm going to feel lost until I get Elder Scrolls Online and/or summer work for my course next year. But we'll see I suppose, I'll do drawings on my own anyway.

Thanks for reading,
-Deanna Crisbacher

2 comments:

  1. Glad thing came together in the end. Love the concertina book idea. I have stored that away for future projects. 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm happy too...I like the pieces that I've chosen. I'm excited for it to be over but also kind of sad.

      Delete