Saturday 21 February 2015

Weekly Update #2 (Feb 15th-22nd)

I don't feel as though I've done as much this week, although this could be due to me focusing on editing a video using After Effects. I've never used Adobe After Effects before so it took me a while to get the hang of it and fix things that went wrong the first time I exported my video. However, I'm very happy with the result, I had a chance to finish the video on Tuesday right before I had to go all the way to Brentwood again. I also did a whole lot in my sketchbook this week so that was good. I do believe that this video editing has a lot of potential to it.

This week I also subscribed monthly 2dartist magazine that I found through 3Dtotal.com where I've bought a few Ebooks about digital painting and stuff like that. I've found it very helpful and I look forward to researching the artists in the magazines and trying out some new stuff. I spent the majority of the rest of my time focusing on my second digital painting, which was of a photo my sister took of me at Asbury Park Zombie Walk back in 2011 I think it was. I struggled a lot more with this one, especially on the eyes...but with help from my boyfriend and mum I fixed it mostly. I'm happy with the end result...my sister did too which is important to me.
Taking the whole 'listening to music/sounds' thing discussed last week, I spent most of this digital painting listening to this.
I'm planning on adding the video effects to the above digital painting too, hopefully I can just swap the imported image in my After Effects project so I don't need to redo everything but we'll see...I'm still not completely sure how it works. Other than that, I did a few other drawings/paintings having to do with wolves/my sister's sculpture Nervosa
Acrylic on paper...more tentacles and less bones.

I really enjoyed how the octopus tentacles looked, so I may experiment more with that along with making the wolf look more muscular. I might try drawing some muscular backs or something, I think it might help me/inspire me.
Fineliner...trying to add more texture.
Again, I mostly focused a lot on sketchbook/research this week too so I don't have as many drawings but I'm hoping to do a few more sketchbook pages and possibly start another digital painting this weekend, but I do need a bit of a break too. We'll see how it all goes.
This was more of just an "I'm bored" doodle, but I think it looks interesting. Ballpoint pen sketch of gas mask.

Also, hopefully the main blog will be all sorted out on Monday I hope, so if you anyone can be bothered to read this post or my previous one please feel free to post comments and stuff.

Thanks!
-Deanna

No comments:

Post a Comment