Sunday 19 April 2015

Weekly Update #10 (April 12th-April 19th)

I don't have all that many images to put in this update, I've started a few pencil sketches but I haven't finished that many pieces. I've been busy editing videos for my FMP exhibition. I also managed to get in contact with my sister and record our conversation which I'm going to use in my video. I wasn't sure how it was going to work, but she seemed to understand what would work more so than I did. I'll post a few on here but I can't upload all of them because the file is too large, but if you click here you can see them all in one video.


I want to make it sound like an old vintage vinyl recording to play on the whole 'old memories' thing and the fact we used to love playing the video game Fallout 3 and Bioshock. My sister also likes listening to vinyl records so I think it'll work. I also am going to use the song 'Maybe' by The Ink Spots in my video, both because of the lyrics (which applies to my relationship with my sister) and because it was a song that would play in Fallout 3 that my sister and me would sing to.
I also think I'll probably have prints of all of my digital paintings around the iMac screen that is playing the video, but it depends on how much space I have. I'd like to do a few A3 and the rest A4 but if I don't have much space I'll choose a select few to get printed on A3 and leave the rest out. I need to continue to edit my audio and see how that and the music will fit together then I have to add in credits and stuff like that. I managed to get in contact with Jaclyn Tanemura to make sure I was allowed to use my dog speedpainting since I used her photo as reference. She said yes as long as I credit her (obviously) and also said she loved the piece I made, which meant a lot to me.
Quick doodle of my dog, Butters, in pencil...my father sent me the photo from America.
Another zombie digital painting made on Photoshop CS5
Despite not doing many drawings, I did do a few...I didn't finish all of them so I'm not going to post those. I managed to make another digital painting, a lot faster than what I could do at the start of the FMP (this isn't a speedpainting, I went into a lot more detail on this one) and I'm really happy with the result. Using photos from my sister, I made up the background as I didn't like the background in the actual photo...I think the boardwalk and dark stormy ocean matches the scene more. I did this whole image in a day pretty much, which is an accomplishment as it'd have taken me about a week to do earlier in the FMP but I learned lots of tricks to help me out. 

I probably won't have much to post anymore since most of my work is going to be editing video, sounds, and trying to decide what prints I should have for my exhibition. I might do some more drawings and digital paintings too for fun and to break things up but I need to focus on getting my exhibition, portfolio and sketchbook organized the best I can. But I like where this work is all going and I'm happy I had the chance to record my sister talking to use in my project, I hope it comes out well.

Thanks for reading,
-Deanna Crisbacher

No comments:

Post a Comment