Sunday 5 April 2015

Weekly Update #8 (March 29th-April 4th)

This post will be short since it's Easter, I didn't do as much work this week but I did a decent amount. I did a whole lot of reading since I've been looking at the most recent issue of 2DArtist Magazine and I also bought 2 older issues from 2014 that seemed interesting.
Digital speedpainting I did of a statue I took a photo of at V&A. Colours are very different from what I usually do which is why I chose to make this piece.
I need to catch up on my sketchbook work but it's somewhat difficult since I don't have a printer but I'm going to try to print stuff off this week anyway. I'm dreading going back to my accommodation in Canterbury since I'm enjoying my holiday but not much long left anyway and it'll be busy. For now I'm just going to continue to draw things that strike me as interesting, getting feedback when I can, and researching artists. I really need to get some feedback written down so I can stick it in my book but I'll sort that out later in the week probably.
Sagazan Speedpainting trying new brushes and overlay layers.
Fineliner Sagazan sketch
I really loved the Sagazan speedpainting I made, I'm very proud of it and I want to make more speedpaintings of him still. I think the colours work every well and the markings in the background add a good amount of movement to the image and the overlay layers add interesting textures. I still have a few old fineliner sketches of him I could use and I'm still making new ones.
Werewolf fineliner sketch, reference was an animatronic werewolf from Warner Bros Studio (Harry Potter)
Werewolf fineliner sketch using an image in The Creature Vault that I bought at Warner Bros Studio (Harry Potter)...I messed up the eye by accident which is why its blacked out.
I wanted to make a few more werewolf sketches, I like them both but I like having more of the body visible due to the long arms and paws. I think I might do a few more sketches of these and maybe some digital speedpaintings too to see how it turns out and to possibly play around with some backgrounds.
Zombie fineliner sketch
Nude Pencil Sketch
For fun I decided to do a sketch of a zombie using this image as reference, and I wanted to do a life drawing in pencil so I can keep practicing using this image as reference.
Fineliner sketch using this as reference.
This last sketch I loved making, it's pretty different from my normal style...very illustration-like. But I really loved making it due to its complex details and the attention I needed to give to the directions of the lines to prevent it from looking like a blob. I didn't come up with this myself, but I hope to adapt it to my own sort of character related to wolves instead. I'll have to do a few test sketches and digital painting to play about with the concept and with some colour schemes. 

That's it really for this update so thanks for reading/looking!

-Deanna Crisbacher

2 comments:

  1. I like the last one . It struck me when I first saw it. I like the was the face shows vulnerability , yet still remains strong.😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^_^ I'm planning on playing about with that last one and change it to make it my own I think. I have loads of ideas right now.

      Delete